Monday, December 20, 2010

Blog swap! Angel's 2011 goals

I'm a member of 20 Something Bloggers, a social network for... twenty-something bloggers! I'm not as active on it as I'd like to be — I have a profile, but haven't made the time to connect with many people — so when 20SB emailed me about a blog swap, I figured I'd jump in and participate.

All the participants were randomly paired with another 20SB member to write on each other's blogs about a chosen topic. I was paired with Angel from South Carolina, who was also a blog-swap newbie! Today, she put my post up on her blog, Confessions Of A College Angel, and here is her post on the same topic. Thanks for swapping with me, Angel! And thanks for saying such nice things about me on your blog, although I don't actually run marathons... yet.  : )  —Devon

###

I’ve never had much use for resolutions. I try every year to make some, and I start out with good intentions, but do you remember that kid in middle school, the one who came to school the first day with a Trapper Keeper (lol, I LOVED those) all organized and neat, everything labeled lovely and so set up? Then within that first week, they were pulling crumpled papers out of the bottom of their bags and digging through piles of papers for one? Yeah, that kid was and still is me.

I have never had a guest poster or swapped blogs with someone before, so when 20 Something offered me the chance to swap with Devon, I was psyched! I was a little worried when I saw the topic, though:

"Action. What will you do next year that you've been putting off for too long?"

What will I do in 2011? This is hard… I have so many things I want to do, and so many things I have been putting off and off and it just seems like they get farther and farther away from me.

Devon has all her junk together, which actually makes this topic a little harder for me. See, I’m in the situation that Devon was in a few years ago right now.

So what will I do?

First, I need to get a car. Preferably a cheap car that I don’t have to make payments on.

I had a large problem in my past with my car that you can read all about here. Go on, I’ll wait. Yes, it’s been a year from the last time I had a car that was mine, so I do need a new car badly. It is hard to work without one, and I’ve had to put off school a little as well.

I also need to move. I have been talking about moving to Memphis for a LONG time now, and never really made strides because I didn’t have the money, I didn’t have a car, I needed to stay and help my family… as Kensei, my fiancé (who’s in Memphis) puts it, a lot of excuses, but no real results.

I also want to have some fun this year, too. I have honestly never been the “fun” girl. I’ve been the girl who got your parents to let you go out because she was going, all of my life. I want to go to parties (or at least get invited, lol), I want to go dancing and clubbing, and just enjoy life because, well, I won’t be in my 20s forever, you know?

But I also owe a LOT of people a LOT of money, so I want to pay off some of my debt and maybe get a handle on myself.

So for 2011, I will get my junk together, get a car, move to Memphis and hopefully have some fun.

I hope that you enjoyed this look into the Confessions Of A College Angel, and I now return you to your regularly scheduled blog!

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...