Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lighter things

Last night I was going to write about patience — how important it is in nearly every aspect of life, and how I'm working on practicing it more often.
But then Losing It With Jillian came on TV. Love that show. Amazing.
Tonight I was going to write about the very, very near end to my Big Debt Payoff of 2010. I owe $685.78 on my student loan, and that's... it. But I feel like the end of that journey deserves a longer, more reflective post, and my mind isn't in that mode right now.
(I just wrote out my budget for July. It was fun. I'm not being sarcastic, either, because I actually love writing my budgets! It's just like how I love writing HTML and solving symbolic logic equations. Blame the OCD.)

Instead, I decided to let my mind take a break from numbers and from the things I want to work on about myself. I'll cover those in excruciating detail in due time.

For now, I'll settle for something that makes me smile every time I look at it, that epitomizes everything I always thought my early twenties would be, and that reminds me to savor the sweet things in life, like a long, laughter-filled evening with a good red and even better friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...