Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My favorite photos

These are a few of my favorite photos that I've taken over the years. Each of them comes with a great memory, which is just one of many things I love about photography. Click any photo to make it bigger. Enjoy!

October 2005. I was studying by Drumheller Fountain as a freshman at UW (quite possibly the one and only time I studied), and I took a picture of the lovely water.

Then a very cute father/son team wandered along, and I started creeping on them.

The father helped his son onto the edge of the fountain...

...and they walked along hand-in-hand amongst beams of sunlight. This was such a sweet moment.

October 2007. I carved this "Viva Slouse" pumpkin as a tribute to the house I lived in during junior year of college. I took this photo on Halloween night in front of said house, and it came out nice 'n' creepy.

November 2007. The adventure-loving person I was with decided to take a little dip into Snoqualmie Falls. Did I mention it was November?

February 2008. One of my favorites simply because I was there... in the press box. I hear that guy on the right has done quite well for himself since then.

June 2008. I was lying on my stomach in the sunshine at Gasworks Park, reading The Best American Essays 2007 (don't be too jealous), when I looked up and saw this. I felt like a hobbit in the Shire.
August 2008. My dad, brother and I spent a long weekend on Lopez Island in the San Juans. I haven't seen such consistently stunning sunsets anywhere else.

September 2009. My mom had just finished harvesting the last of the produce from her garden. She fought over this chair with another woman at a garage sale (and won).

October 2009. I love fall colors, and this tree in my mom's front yard rocks every year. The sun had just come out after a rainstorm here.

I'm less than a month away from getting my new, big-girl camera, so there will be many more favorite photos to come very soon. Woo-hoo!

###

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...